ED visa application

In case of student is in the other country
   Apply for a passport if you do not have one, and make sure it is valid for your entire stay at KMUTNB. You must travel to Thailand on a valid passport. Once student has a valid passport need to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate and request to apply for a non-immigrant visa code "ED" (Education Visa). Please show the KMUTNB letter of visa application (Thai letter), or an acceptance letter (English letter) as the proof of coming to Thailand on the purpose of education. Please note that student must enter to Thailand with an ED visa; DO NOT apply for a tourist visa.

In case of student is in Thailand with another kind of visa (such as visa on arrival, tourist visa)
   The student must apply for a visa status alteration (Application fee of 2,000 THB) to be changed for an ED visa. After getting the KMUTNB letter of visa application (Thai letter) or an acceptance letter (English letter) along with a letter for a visa status alteration, the current visa should be at least 15 valid in order to process status alteration. Otherwise the student must leave Thailand either by air, or a border run to process the ED visa application in any Thai embassy or consulate in one of neighboring countries as listed following ; Cambodia (Phnom Penh), Laos (Vientiane), Vietnam (Hanoi), Myanmar (Yangoon) and Malaysia (Kuala Lampur, Penang). However, these are only examples, where student can apply for the ED visa. The procedure will take about a few business days up to a week. Once ED visa is issued, the student can return to Thailand to begin school.

 ED visa extension

   After getting or entering Thailand on the non-immigrant visa "ED", the visa will allow to stay for 90 days. Student who would like to stay over 90 days must do the visa extension before the expiration date. (Application fee of 1,900 THB) The student will be allowed to stay further in Thailand for the duration of studying but not more than a year. The 90 day reports to Immigration are required. Student who would like to extend ED visa has to contact the International Cooperation Centre (ICC office) at least 3 weeks before the visa expiration date at 10th floor, KMUTNB President Building, Tel.+662552000 ext 1026.

 Re-entry permit

   The student who is holding ED visa and would like to travel out of Thailand during their period ED visa is valid, must obtain a re-entry stamp before leaving. (Application fee is 1,000 Baht for single re-entry and 3,800 Baht for multiple re-entries) IMPORTANT: Student cannot leave Thailand without Re-entry permit otherwise will lose ED visa.